Simple pasta with left-over roast pork, garlic and herbs
simple pasta with left-over roast pork, garlic and herbs, originally uploaded by yongtze. This is a very simple quick lunch I made today because I've got some left-over roast pork meat in the fridge. Feel free to use any left-over meat you have in the fridge because most of the flavour comes from the garlic and the herbs - a fast, simple and tasty lunch.
- 250g pasta of your choice - 150g leftover cooked meat, I used roast pork here - 1 garlic head, skinned and chopped fine - 10-15 basil leaves - 2 tablespoons chopped chives - light olive oil - salt and pepper
1. Boil water in a large pot, adding some salt and oil. Once the water has started to boil, add the pasta and cook until al dente.
2. Heat up a skillet and add 3 tablespoons of oil and the chopped garlic. Cook with low heat for about 3-5 minutes. Watch the heat and stir the garlic often as not to burn the garlic. It should remain golden but not brown.
3. Add the leftover meat and mix it well with the garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Cover the skillet with a lid to warm the meat through quickly without burning the garlic, about 3-4 minutes.
4. Drain the pasta, mix well with the garlic and meat. Add in the basil leaves and chives to mix well. Season to taste before serving.